Cake Apple Cobbler
posted by alsgirl 12-22-98 9:30 PM
APPLE COBBLER CAKE - from cake mix
2 cans (21oz.@) Apple pie filling
1 Pillsbury Moist Supreme Butter Recipe or Yellow Cake
3/4 c. Butter or margarine, softened
2/3 c. Chopped walnuts
1/2 ts. Cinnamon
1/2 c. Milk
Vanilla Ice Cream, if desired
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Use an ungreased 13x9" pan.
2. In lg. saucepan, heat pie filling over medium heat until very hot, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in lg. bowl, combine cake mix & butter; blend at low speed for 45-60 seconds or until crumbly. Place 1 1/2 c. of this mixture into a medium bowl; stir in walnut & cinnamon until well mixed. Add the milk to the remaining mixture left in the lg. bowl (the one with no nuts); stir until dry particles are moistened.
4. Spoon hot pie filling into pan. (Cake can be baked in two 8" square pans; bake as directed.) Top with heaping spoonfuls of cake batter. Sprinkle with walnut mixture.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 min. or until topping is golden brown & cracks appear dry. Cool 30 min. serve warm with ice cream.
Go to Mimi's Archive Page
Return to Mimi's Recipe Request Line