Here's a fat-free Thanksgiving recipe from my cookbook
"Secrets of Fat-Free Kosher Cooking" by Deborah Bernstein,
Follow the simple steps below for a turkey roast that is
amazingly moist and tender. Watch turkey carefully while it
cooks and take it out just when it's done. Overcooked turkey
is dry and correctly cooked turkey has a texture similar to
Apricot Turkey Roast
Yield: 8 servings
2 pound skinless boneless turkey roast
3 tablespoons unsweetened apricot preserves
1 cup reconstituted dried onion soup mix
6 slices day-old challah or white bread
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly coat a medium baking
dish with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Place the turkey in the baking dish and cover it with the
3. Soak each slice of bread with onion soup. Completely
cover the turkey with the bread.
4. Bake for 1 hour, or until the juices from the turkey run
clear. The center of the roast should be slightly pink.
5. Mash the bread and serve it with slices of the roasted
All data, logos, text contained on any portion of Mimi's Cyber Kitchen
copyright 1995 through 2001 Mimi Hiller, JB Hiller, Jennifer Hiller. No
portions of this website may be used without express written permission of