This is a Peruvian recipe. Super delicious. Adapted here to comply with
Serving Size : 8
4 pounds chicken
1/4 cup oil -- half oil half olive
1/4 pound walnuts or more -- ground
2 tsp garlic
2 chili pepper sliced
4 bread slices -- to thicken
2 large onion -- finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
olives, hard boiled eggs -- optional
boiled rice, enough for 8 servings
4 cups chicken broth -- cooled
1 bell pepper -- chopped
1 rib celery
1. Cook chicken in broth along with the sliced carrot, onion and celery.
Let cool in the broth
2. Bone and break into bite size pieces.
3. In a saucepan, heat oil and fry onion, garlic,bell pepper, chili
peppers and saffron. Salt and pepper to taste. Fry until almost
Remove carrots from the broth.Add the broth to the fried onions.
4. Soak the bread in the cold chicken broth. Put the broth with all
that's in it through a blender.
5. Tranfer back to saucepan and cook slowly for 10 minutes stirring to
thicken.; then add chopped nuts, and chicken.
6. Cook until it looks like a thick cream.
7. Decorate with halved potatoes, eggs quartered lengthwise, and olives.
8. Serve with boiled rice.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : This is my favorite Peruvian recipe.
You may make it just with chicken broth,without the carrots etc... I do
that because I feel it is tastier.
All data, logos, text contained on any portion of Mimi's Cyber Kitchen
copyright 1995 through 2001 Mimi Hiller, JB Hiller, Jennifer Hiller. No
portions of this website may be used without express written permission of