1 whole thick salmon filet with the skin
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 bunches chopped dill
3 tbsp cognac
* mignonette: crushed, not ground, black peppercorns
1. Remove all bones from fish. Slide fingers on top of filet to feel the
bones in the center and pull them out with pliers.
2. Mix salt and sugar and set aside.
3. Perforate fish skin with fork or knife.
4. Dry fish and sprinkle all the cognac and 1 T grand Marnier on the flesh
5. Roll fish in pepper and then coat both surfaces with salt and sugar
6. Sprinkle with plenty of dill pressing to adhere.
7. Place fish into a Pyrex large enough to hold it all. Cover with plastic.
8. Place a second Pyrex on top with weight- -I fill it with water
9. Chill 3 days, draining liquids every 24 hours and adding a little more
of the salt sugar mixture every time it's drained.
10 At the end of this time fish should be firm to the touch.
11 Rinse and add more dill and pepper
All data, logos, text contained on any portion of Mimi's Cyber Kitchen
copyright 1995 through 2001 Mimi Hiller, JB Hiller, Jennifer Hiller. No
portions of this website may be used without express written permission of