Note: KLP designates a kosher l'pesach equivalent of an ingredient
Passover Apricot-Nut Diamonds
1. For crust, combine the 1 cup matzo cake meal and salt in
a mixing bowl. Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly. Press
into the bottom of a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1-1/2-inch baking pan.
Bake in a 375 degree
oven for 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for filling, combine apricots and enough water to cover in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Stir together brown sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl until combined. Stir in drained apricots, the 1 cup walnuts, coconut, and KLP vanilla. Add the 2 tablespoons matzo cake meal; stir until combined. Spread mixture evenly over crust.
4. Bake for 15 minutes more. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Drizzle with Vanilla Icing, and sprinkle with the 1/2 cup walnuts. Cut into diamonds. (See note.) Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
5. Vanilla Icing: Combine 1 cup sifted KLP powdered sugar,
2 teaspoons milk, and 1/4 teaspoon KLP vanilla until smooth.
NOTES : To cut into diamonds, first cut straight lines down the length
of the pan. Then cut diagonal lines across the pan. Trim the
end pieces into triangles, rectangles, or squares.